Saturday, January 18, 2014

The 100th Day!

This past Thursday we celebrated the 100th Day of School and WOW did we have fun!

The students walked into to a streamer decorated door (totally forgot to snap a picture) and the fun began!

We discussed what 100 year old people could and couldn't do! It was so funny! We made two Thinking Maps and then wrote two sentences...then of course made a cute project!~

  

 

The funniest and weirdest one was when one child said that 100 year old people couldn't cut fish...hmmm...I wasn't really sure how to respond, but I popped it up there anyways! Haha.

My sweet intern then read this cute book and the kiddos LOVED it!


We also made 100th Day Gum ball Machines compliments of my creative teammate Mrs. Denton! Totally stole her idea. ::)))))) The students were given a large white circle and they had to use their fingers to paint 100 gum balls. I had my little ones do 20 of each color! They had so much fun painting, but even more fun cleaning up! They all wanted a turn rolling up the dirty table clothes! It's the small things I suppose! :)


In the midst of all of this fun, one of my wonderful volunteers met with each child to make a 100th day snack! Each child chose 10 foods and then counted 10 of each. Very fun!


The final half of our day was spent counting to 100 by 1's 5's and 10's as well as creating 100th day head bands~ The students had to count by 10's to make it and they did a wonderful job!

As the students left for the day, Mrs. Meerman our intern passed out these cute treats. Indeed each child is 100 days smarter and I can't wait to see how smart they are at the end!~


Happy Learning!
Mrs. Hunter~














No comments:

Post a Comment