Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shhh...

Before I blog about my AMAZING students I have GOOD NEWS!

My little brother is Engaged! Our family is stoked! I'm thrilled to have another fabulous sister and throw awesome parties! Yep. Totally pumped!



Anyways...

Ever feel like you can't get a moment of silence? :)
Ha. Well, I don't know about you but SPRING FEVER has arrived and my little ones are definitely feeling and showing it!

With that in mind, we played a little game of "Silent Talking" to review capitalization and punctuation...while being silent. That's right...the best of both worlds!

Each pair of students shared a white board and eraser. They each chose their own color of dry eraser marker and had a conversation via white board.

There were only 2 rules:

1. No talking! :)
2. Start your sentences with a capital letter and end with the correct punctuation!

They LOVED it.
  


Earth Day snuck up on us this year! Thankfully we had time to read Michael Recycle, create an Earth Day Promise, and write a poem!

 
 
 
 

Before I end it for the night, I have to brag on one of my fellow First Grade teachers! She made an adorable unit for learning "aw" and "au!" I encourage you to check it out HERE!
 
The students used "automobiles" to ZOOM around the room and find "au" and "aw" words! One of my students said, "Wow..these cars really help me find more words!" Who would have thought?! :)
 
  
 
They couldn't get enough! :
 
Hope you have an AWsome night!
 
--Mrs. Hunter


 

No comments:

Post a Comment