Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013!

It's already been wild and I know the year will be filled with many ups and downs as well as several learning and growing experiences!

The first day back from break has come and gone and it was really nice to get back into a routine with the students and with myself! Ha!

Today we read "Squirrel's New Years Resolution" and discussed what our new years resolutions would be! The students came up with some really cute ideas! My favorite was "to learn all the signs of sign language!" So precious.

Now..be for warned.I let the students make their very own project today, cutting and pasting all themselves, so what you will see is  not perfect, but very kid friendly! I'm trying to move away from pre-cutting and tracing everything to improve not only their fine motor skills but their creativity as well.

So here area few cute examples..


 

So cute and so scary at the same time! :)

We also spent a huge part of our afternoon creating a student led rubric for our Read to Self time! Here is what they came up with...
 
 
I was very impressed!
After our reading time the students rated themselves and said what they could have done better if they were not a 3 or a 4. I'm trying to really impress on my students the power of self reflection on a consistent basis and this has been a great way to do so within reading!
 
Happy New Year Everyone!

--Mrs. Hunter




No comments:

Post a Comment