Friday, July 2, 2010

The Power of Preparation

Growing up, I was always taught that with preparation and making the choice to think ahead, success would follow. Now that I am in the work force and am the sole individual responsible for my success, this learning has never been more true.For the past two months I have been thinking, day dreaming, researching, reading, planning, taking notes and praying about my future classroom. It has been consuming thought life.


What I have found through all of this is that there are so many phenomenal resources available to teachers...books...individuals...websites...podcasts. I have everything I need right at my fingertips, yet I still sometimes feel that is not enough. What I have realized though is that it truly is not enough. Without love for children I have nothing. Without a love for learning I have nothing. Without discipline I have nothing. Without a desire to ask questions I have nothing. Without vision, I have nothing. All of these are the true ingredients to what I need to succeed as a teacher.

So, what happens next? Of that I am not sure...
What I do know though is that my children will be loved everyday.
They will be challenged to be better and to rise above circumstance.
They will most importantly though be led by example...an example of a teacher who is prepared for whatever may come!

No comments:

Post a Comment